Friday, January 28, 2011

Jacksonville, Florida?


Jacksonville, Florida?
My lady wants to move there. Can someone tell me what its like to live there in terms of the job market, housing, people, nightlife, economy, school system, etc. She works in Human Resources and I work in Finance. Please help. Thanks.
Other - United States - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
i cant tell you what its like there, but the sunset is great


2
I live in South Florida now and I moved from North Central Florida about 5 years ago...I lived near Gainesville (Gator country) which was 50-60 miles south of J'ville. It is nice there it stinks there (lol) paper mills, but it's grown...I consider it the country because I am originally from Miami, but I would say it's a nice place to raise a family...I mean it's not as fast as Miami, but not as country as Tallahassee or Gainesville...you still get that city life feel, you know- Anyway, I have a few friends that live there and grew up there. Actually, my best friend from summer camp growing up lived there he was shot and killed 3 days before graduation. That was over 10 years ago...if come across anymore info...I will forward you through email- have you thought about Orlando, Tampa, or West Palm Beach??? And where would you be moving from?


3
Umm, I like Jacksonville......Crime is not that bad, it basically just happens in the ghetto (Northside of town).....well with a city of 850,000 and 1,300,000 metro, traffic of course is bad but you'll get used to it; or just ride the city bus........adding to the traffic are the construction projects...NUMEROUS of them......some of them won't be finished until 2010........ Areas of Town-------------------------------------- 1. Northside (The Ghetto)- The areas just north of downtown, pass the Trout River is pretty safe......areas called Springfield, Norwood, Golfair, Moncrief, Brentwood, and basically all streets that are numbered (except the triple digits) 2. Various areas of the Westside- Intersections of San Juan and Jammes.....also areas along beaver st. and areas on stockton streets. 3. Arlington, Southside, Mandarin- These areas are the best of town and predominantly white, though traffic is crap. ------------------------------------------------------------ Some schools really suck. I'm 15, so I know a whole lot about the schools. But then again, 5 schools were featured in Newsweek Magaine's top schools list. ------------------------------------------------------------ For other or specific questions, click on my profile and hit the e-mail link, or dragon32210@yahoo.com