Monday, February 14, 2011

What are the best towns to live near NAS Jacksonville Florida? May be relocating soon.?


What are the best towns to live near NAS Jacksonville Florida? May be relocating soon.?
I have one child in High School and one starting Jr. College. Any advice on commute, schools, anything will help. I have never been there.
Orlando - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Orange Park is probably the best. Or Fleming Island, which is pretty much the best area of Orange Park. Its about 15 minutes away, has one of the best school districts in the state (believe me, I teach at a high school in the Clay County District, and its so much nicer, safer, and smarter than the other distrcts I have taught in). Its a simple drive... straight down Park Avenue for about 15 minutes and your at the base. A ton of people who live over here are in the navy, so your husband will be near some of his coworkers most likely. I'd definitely say Orange Park is the best. I really like the area. Mandarin is nice to, but its a little bit farther away. There are a ton of community colleges, and UNF nearby If you have any other questions, feel free to email me. I know the Jacksonville area by heart.


2
I'd mainly agree with the above answer, altho the drive to Mandarin isn't necessarily too bad depending on how quickly you can get to I-295. One area I'd definitely suggest NOT considering is Argyle Forest/Middleburg or anywhere else that would require taking the Blanding Blvd. exit off I-295. That whole corridor is really nasty just about any time but during rush hour it's traffic from hell.