Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Do you think I could make it to a division-1 school?


Do you think I could make it to a division-1 school?
Okay, so I'm a sophomore in high school and I play varsity football, I play left tackle and defensive end. I do not start, but I am a shoe-in for the starting left tackle position next year, because both of our starting offensive tackles on the roster are seniors. But even though I do not start I get a lot of quality playing time, and I have pretty good size (6'4', 235), and I my weight room skills are pretty good also, but need a little improvement (my max bench is 295, and I can hit 225, 10 times) my legs are my strength though, leg press is around 950, and power clean is around 245. I'm asking this because at our game last night I talked to a scout from Jacksonville University, I live in Jacksonville, Florida, and he wrote down my name and home phone number, and told me that I would be hearing from him again soon and he looked forward to seeing my next two years of football. So I was thinking, if I'm getting this kind of recognition as a sophomore, if I keep up the work in the weight room and on the field do you think I can earn a D-1 scholarship. My O-line coach says he would like to see me gain at least 30-40 pounds, which is going to be hard considering I've all ready gain 25 pounds in my first two years, but it is something i am extremely passionate about and willing do anything for. So, my question to you is, being blessed with great size, a strong work ethic, and intelligence, do you think I could earn a full-ride division-1 scholarship? Honestly, I really do not appreciate some jackass that has nothing better to do with his life than try to call people out on their lies over the internet trying to tell me that I'm lying. I know what happened, and I'm incredibly serious about pursuing football. He has not actually contacted me, he simply wrote down my name and number, for what reason, I don't know. I am not familiar with what does or doesn't violate NCAA rules for recruiting, but if you what say is true, then maybe he was writing down a name for future reference. But, I really don't see how you can say the weight room doesn't matter either, because if a high school player goes to a UF combine, for example, and they can't bench a single rep at 225, Florida would no longer be interested, especially for an offensive lineman. With that said, I am extremely serious about football, and I would love to see it take me to college and possibly even the NFL one day, and don't have to believe me, but I know the truth.
Football (American) - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Well, anyone could play for Florida these days. So, yes, you could. Urban will probably recruit you to play for his joke of a team.


2
I'm hoping that i will be able to...what do you guys think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qHX_Sn3Cg last year only a sophmore i am hoping possibly wisconsin


3
YES!!!


4
Not if you keep lying about your stats, you phony and about who you talked to last night. Colleges are FORBIDDEN to make personal contact with players until September 1 of their senior year. There is no such thing as a college scout. A real football player would know how to get recognized by a recruiter. And, colleges follow the rule because violation is SEVERE. So you're lying. I doubt if you were ever even in a weight room or ever played football. Anyone who was, would know weight stats, which you think are everything, do nothing to get you a scholarship. You have to be a good football player to get a scholarship.