Monday, June 20, 2011

What chance do I have at being accepted to the following colleges?


What chance do I have at being accepted to the following colleges?
- Purdue University - University of Central Florida - University of North Florida - Jacksonville University - University of South Florida - Penn State - Rutgers University - Pace University I'm a sophomore in high school My cumulative GPA is 3.1 I got a 19 out of 32 on the Practice ACT test I am from New Jersey And I go to technical school, which is mainly for students with special needs I am only there because I have ADHD and my school in my town is horrible and on the ghetto side
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
A 19 on the ACT. That is extremely low. And will not get you into Purdue, Penn, Rutgers. You will need a 24+ for U of F Gainsville. You still have plenty of time to retake the ACT. Take it twice more. study for it. Almost all students do better when the take it again.


2
Being a Sophomore you have plenty of time to get your GPA and test scores up. First, colleges look for GPA trends, so if you can get your GPA up above a 3.5 for the next several semesters that would help a lot. To get into the schools above you will likely need that high of a GPA. ADHD Sucks, go get medication and start forcing yourself to study more. Second your ACT score is low, but at the same time you are only a sophomore and the ACT is meant to test what you've learned in highschool, so given that you are not even half way through high school your score isn't that bad. You need to start studying, if you get your ACT score to at least a 25 you will have a much better chance of getting into those schools. Your most realistic school would be Rutgers as they have the lowest admission's standards. going out of state is really expensive, so if money is a concern Rutgers would be your best goal.