Friday, May 6, 2011

should i move to Florida or stay in ny?


should i move to Florida or stay in ny?
ok so heres the deal. im going into 8th grade nxt year and after that is when i start high school. and my parents and i have a condo in st.augustine Florida. One day they told me they wanted 2 move there after 8th great and start high school in florida and they said it was up 2 me but we would move more north like in Jacksonville. what should i do?
New York City - 10 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Move to Florida!


2
I would say move to Fla but north fla gets winter too. Stay in NY where the people are much cooler


3
Im a new yorker and 23..Though i LOVE nyc i wish i can leave. My opinion its very easy to get stuck here as an adult. Go to florida its so nice there!


4
Haha florida is sweet, lived here 14 years and still counting :)


5
Move your little butt to Florida,, As quick as you can.


6
move to florida, im tired and poor living in nyc. too crowded and can never find any parking because traffic cops chase me. i dont know why manhattan restaurants charge 8 bucks for a salad and leaves. i dont have any money to have fun here.


7
I can't believe your parents are putting everything on your shoulders. While it is great that they are including you in the decision, they also need to take the lead here. Your parents need to evaluate this as adults. The entire family's needs and wants must come into focus. I hope you trust your parents enough ( and I hope they are responsible enough) to know what is best. If they do not decide--follow your heart, and realize that a decision of this magnitude should not be left to you at this age---no matter what happens, you have done as best as you can. You will be OK.


8
If someone offered me a free place to live in Florida I still wouldn't go. I think it's a very strange state and just don't like it. Other then Miami there is little to no culture. Although college towns have some. I so much prefer NY. here you get exposed to new things and new people every time you step outside your door. If you want to see anything new in Fla. you need to drive. My vote is NY. But i do agree it shouldn't be on your shoulders. You parents should make the decision that is best for the family in the long run.


9
stay in NYC. when you look back on it years later, you won't regret it. my parents did the same thing (move out of NYC), but i stayed in my school in Manhattan. part of your high school experience in NYC will be to meet all kinds of diverse people and be able to do all kinds of cultural stuff like visit museums and go to concerts and shows, and i bet that you will NOT get that kind of diversity and cultural life in Florida. when i was in high school, we always had special student discount tickets to all kinds of concerts and Broadway shows. besides, there's only one season in Florida: hot. at least here you have all four seasons. i wouldn't trade that for anything.


10
Ugh NO!!!!!!!!! I used to live in Manhattan then my mom got married to my step dad and he relocated to St. Augustine ( on Ponce De Leon Blvd) and now I live in boring Jacksonville, but im moving back back in three weeks. Stay in NY!! Everything you love with be gone, nothing is open 24 seven and life is so much slower and theres less to do unless you like chillin by the pool and the beach 24/7. Forget the warm weather! NYC gets warm too in the summer, and you cant wear something that you could walk around 5th Ave on down here like you could up there without getting weird stares from people (like wearing a scarf in the summer). If I got the chance to go back, I would have gone begged to stay. But its ultimately up to you, are you a culture, fashionperson, or a beach and chill person.