Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If I am provisionally certified to teach Spanish in Georgia will that work in Florida schools?


If I am provisionally certified to teach Spanish in Georgia will that work in Florida schools?
I have a provisionally certification to teach Spanish in Georgia, but I was curious if that same provisional with work in Florida or if I must retest? I am looking for a Spanish teacher position in Duval County (Jacksonville). Thank you.
Teaching - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I am very positive that regardless of your status in georgia you will still be required to retest in florida. The same for me if i decide to teach in florida after being certified here in georgia


2
I would contact the Florida Department of Education and find out straight from them what you would need to do in order to teach in that state. Every state has different requirements of teachers coming from another state, so the best bet would be to go straight to the Dept. of Education. If you go to this link, you should be able to find some information to help, or at least find someone to contact. http://www.fldoe.org/educators/ Good luck!


3
As a general rule, teaching certifications are not transferable between states, since every state has its own criteria. I'd suspect you'll have to retest.


4
A license in one state is not valid in another state. The one exception is when the states have reciprocal agreements, Check that out with the Florida state department of education./