Sunday, March 20, 2011

What can I train for in less then a year to get a good paying job


What can I train for in less then a year to get a good paying job?
I just graduated from high school in jacksonville florida and I do not want to go to college, What are some professions I should look into that I could train for and get a relatively good paying job.(10-15 dollars an hour full time)
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
If it's your interest, technical schools usually can train people in less than a year for a multitude of subjects. It's quicker than apprenticeships and the pay is pretty good starting, and jobs are not going to leave anytime soon for autobody/automotive, diesel, welding, etc. Wages are pretty good, a good experienced diesel tech can grab +/- $75,000/year. I think Universal Technical Institute has a campus in FL.


2
try union apprentice programs, electricians make a good salary and benefits package. and you get paid while your learning.


3
I see two questions in your post so I will answer them accordingly. The first is regarding college and all I will say is that you are making a wise decision not to go to college until you are ready for it. Its an expensive proposition and there is a benefit to maturing a little bit and understanding your interests before diving right in. As for your career decisions at this point - I would say that rather than focusing on the quick and easy route you should focus on your interests as it won't matter how much money you make if you are not happy. Most positions that pay well require some measurable period of time and experience before it will reward you (let alone education). So I would just focus on what you like versus what pays well if you don't want to make any long term committments.